Zirconia Ceramic Implants
Zirconia implants are ceramic dental implants used as an alternative to traditional titanium implants for tooth replacement, made from a high-strength, biocompatible ceramic material called zirconium dioxide, known for its durability and aesthetic qualities. These implants provide our patients with a metal-free, non-conducting and biocompatible tooth replacement option that seamlessly integrates with their natural smile. Zirconia implants are designed to align with the principles of holistic biological dentistry, better for toxicity, inflammation and energy flow throughout the body, while emphasizing long-term oral health and aesthetics.
- Biocompatibility & Hypoallergenic: Zirconia is hypoallergenic and causes fewer allergic reactions or sensitivities compared to titanium, making it a suitable choice for individuals with metal allergies.
- Improved Osseointegration & Tissue Adaptation: This type of implant has a superior ability to bond with the surrounding bone (osseointegration) and fit well with the adjacent soft tissues in the oral cavity resulting in a more stable and successful implant.
- Reduced Plaque Accumulation & Peri-Implantitis: Zirconia’s smooth surface can discourage plaque buildup compared to the rougher titanium surface, promoting better oral health.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Zirconia implants have a white color that closely mimics the appearance of natural teeth, making them more aesthetically pleasing, especially for patients with thin or receding gums.
- Low Electrical Conductivity: Zirconia does not conduct electricity, whereas titanium does conduct electricity in a way that can interfere with nerve function and energy flow throughout the body.
- Low Thermal Conductivity: Zirconia has a lower thermal conductivity than titanium, reducing the risk of temperature sensitivity in the implant area.
- Strength and Durability: Zirconia implants are known for their high strength and resistance to corrosion and wear, potentially offering long-term durability.
- Minimal Metal Interaction: Zirconia implants do not release metal ions into the body, which can be a concern with titanium implants.
- Faster Integration: Studies have shown that zirconia implants can integrate with bone tissue faster than titanium implants.
- Smile in a Day: At Reclaim Dentistry, we can help patients gain new teeth in a day with an advanced surgical procedure involving full mouth reconstruction with 12-16 zirconia implants.