Ozone, a naturally occurring molecule composed of three oxygen atoms, possesses the unique ability to combat harmful bacteria, fungi, viruses, and protozoans while also eliminating acidic waste products and biomolecules associated with dental infections.
- Antibacterial Properties: A powerful antimicrobial agent is found in ozone that can kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi to prevent infections.
- Minimally Invasive: This treatment often requires little to no drilling, making it a minimally invasive option, resulting in reduced patient discomfort and allowing the preservation of healthy tooth structure.
- Caries Prevention: This treatment halts the progression of early-stage dental caries (cavities) by killing bacteria and promoting remineralization of tooth enamel.
- Gum Disease Management: Ozone helps to manage and treat periodontal disease by reducing harmful bacteria and promoting healing of gum tissues.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can be alleviated by desensitizing nerve endings and promoting the repair of damaged enamel.
- Accelerated Healing: Ozone can enhance the body’s natural healing processes, helping tissues to recover more quickly after dental procedures.
- Biocompatibility: This treatment is considered safe and biocompatible because it relies on a naturally occurring gas (ozone) without the need for chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
- Reduction in Antibiotics: Reduce the need for antibiotic use in dental treatments, which is beneficial in the context of antibiotic resistance concerns.
- Holistic Approach: Supports a holistic approach to oral and systemic health by avoiding toxic materials in dental treatments.
- Restorative Treatments Including Fillings, Veneers, Crown & Bridge, Smile Makeover and Full Mouth Reconstruction.
- Surgical Treatments Including Extractions, Abscesses, Implant Placements, Full Mouth Reconstruction, 3 on 6®, 4 on 8, All on 6, and All on 8.
- Periodontal Treatments Including Regular Cleanings, Periodontal Disease Therapy, in Conjunction with Laser Decontamination, TwinLight® Periodontal Treatment with the Fotona Lightwalker(R) laser and Peri-Implantitis Therapy.